At Rice Creek Community Church, we exist to Celebrate the greatness of God, Educate the people of God, and Motivate believers to holiness and evangelism.
We will accomplish our vision by offering a unique worship experience that focuses on the glory and greatness of God and eliminates hindrances to worship. We will come on the lookout for God (coming ready to worship and coming early to prepare our hearts to enter God’s presence) and leave on the lookout for people ( desiring to live in community and to meet others’ needs.) We will create orders of service that will promote true participation in worship and that will keep our hearts and minds vertical towards God so that our joy and satisfaction in Him can be experienced as we gather to worship.
We will open our Bibles to discover what God has revealed to us. We will uncover the meaning of the passage and then apply the passage to our lives. We will rely on the Word of God and the Spirit of God to do the work of God in the people of God.
We will encourage participation in small groups so that believers can do life together in community. We will have groups that foster authentic discussions about meaningful theological and biblical topics that touch real life. We will strive to be a group of prayer for ourselves, our area, our nation, as well as the world.
We will encourage the reading of the Bible and other great Christian literature that will build up believers in the knowledge of God and motivate believers to holiness and good works.
We will encourage evangelism through our natural web of relationships and ministry to all but especially to the household of faith.
- Worship that communicates the supremacy of God in all of life.
- Biblical, God-exalting, and personally helpful preaching.
- The importance of old and new, historic and current.
- The importance of both head and heart in our worship experience.
- Going hard after God as an all-satisfying end in Himself.
- A place for spontaneity and lay participation in worship.
- Determination to welcome people different from ourselves for the sake of Christ.
Values relating to RCCC’s Spiritual Atmosphere
- Growing frequency, freedom, depth, and power in corporate, family, and private prayer.
- Making the visible engine of all our efforts in ministry and worship.
- Personal Bible reading and meditation among all our people.
- The persuasion that ideas have consequences. Right thinking fosters right living.
- Keeping the main things the main things.
- The study of sound Biblical theology so that we will not be children in our thinking.
- Radical obedience to Jesus in personal holiness and purity in public and private.
- The relentless pursuit of hope and joy in God.
Values Relating to the Relationship of our Life Together
- Increasing visible authentic, practical ways of loving each other.
- Eager openness to new people and the avoidance of cliquishness.
- Building lasting friendships that strengthen our faith.
- The freedom to relax and enjoy each other and God’s world in casual ways.
- The importance of small groups for building caring, faith-sustaining relationships.
- A strong attention to bring children up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
- Capturing the hearts and minds of college students with a Biblical vision of God.